Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An unexpected week-long vacation

I am back at work today for the first time since last Tuesday.  That's right.  I had a whole week off.  
I was off last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for Thanksgiving.  Monday, my daycare needed the day off, so I stayed home with the boys.  We thought about having Mike stay home, but then I decided that I get 10 sick days per year.  If I don't use them, I can carry them over to the next year.  The only problem:  I am about 90% sure there won't be a "next year"--at this school anyway.  (That's whole other post).  So, I plan to use each and every one of my sick days so that I don't lose them.  So, Monday, the  boys and I stayed home most of the day.  They ALL had doctor appointments in the afternoon, so my mom met me at the clinic to be my assistant for the day.  Tyler had his 18 month appointment, and Kayden and Tyson needed their ears re-checked, and flu shots.  Overall, the appointment went well.  Tyson still has fluid in his ears, I talked the doctor into referring him to ENT so that we can possibly do tubes before the end of the year (we've obviously met our deductible already for this year).  That appointment is Monday morning (hopefully Mike will be taking him).  
After the appointment, my mom took Kayden to school, and Tyler and Tyson and I headed home.  I got supper ready, ate quickly, and then headed to volleyball.  
TUESDAY, I had my first SNOW DAY of the year!  How lovely!!!!  I got a call at 5:54 a.m. from my principal saying that school would be two hours late.  Around 8:00 he called again, to say school was, in fact, CLOSED!  So....I let Kayden sleep in, made breakfast, cleaned up a bit, then took the boys to daycare so that I could head into St. Cloud to get a few more Christmas presents and groceries before my 3:30 doctor appointment.  
By 5:00, I picked the kids up, we headed home for supper, and then went to Auntie Mazih's first basketball game of the year.  She is a 9th grader this year, and this was her first time STARTING  a varsity game!  She played well (although, she wouldn't necessarily agree with that statement), and they did win.  Kayden and Tyson did well, Tyler was a bear!  He did well for a 1 1/2 year old on the top row of bleachers in a loud gym, but, by about 8:30, his time was up!  It was his bedtime, and he wasn't shy about letting everyone in the gym know!  I'm thinking we'll have to make alternate arrangements for him when we go to some of the games in the future.  Auntie Rhonda???????????
Home games aren't so bad, because there is room for him to run where we usually sit, but when it's an away game, I just never know what to expect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment