Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Here we go!

This is a snapshot of what our Christmas weekend will look like--assuming everything goes as planned =)
Thursday:  
I am off, so the boys and I will stay home, wrap presents, clean, nap, pack things for the weekend and bake our birthday cake for Jesus.  ::I'm not sure why I even put anything on my list for Thursday other than disciplining kids, changing diapers and making lunch and snacks.  We all know that's probably all that I will accomplish, but I can hope, right? ::
Thursday night I work at the bowling alley.  I'm actually kind of looking forward to working on a night, when I don't have to get up early the next day for work. 

Friday:
Mike and I are both off on Friday.  He wants to go fishing or hunting, or do some other manly thing in the morning, but I'm working on talking him out of it.  I feel like, if I'm going to be working late on Thursday night, I might want to sleep until 8:00 or so on Friday.  If he is gone fishing or whatever he plans on doing, he'll leave early in the morning, which will wake the kids up, which will make for one-cranky-mama!
Friday afternoon, we plan on taking the boys sledding at the high school in Albany.  They have a huge hill, and I haven't been there in forever, and I know the boys will love it, plus, it will be a good workout for me;)
Friday evening the plan is for Mike and Kayden and I to go to church, and Tyler and Tyson will stay at my moms.  I'm just not up for the challenge of taking all three to such a crowded Mass.  After church, we'll have supper at my mom's and birthday cake for Jesus. The boys will each get to open one present (pajamas for each), and then if all goes well, they'll all three fall asleep on the way home.  

Saturday:
Saturday morning,we'll be at home. The boys will have time to open presents, play for a while, have caramel rolls for breakfast, then get ready for the day.  We'll head to my mom's in time for lunch, and we'll celebrate Christmas there with my family.  
Saturday evening,we have the Frericks family Christmas, which, conveniently is going to be in Albany this year!  Then, we'll either head back to my mom's or Mike's parents to spend the night. 

Sunday:
We'll head to Mike's parents' house on Sunday to celebrate with his family.  We'll have lunch there, open presents, etc, then head back to my mom's for Christmas with her family.  
By Sunday night, everyone should be good and exhausted.  I'm thinking I'll keep the  boys home on Monday so that they can have some time to finally try out all their new goods, while I try to find homes for everything. 

Things will be crazy-busy, but as long as everyone stays healthy, and we get sufficient sleep (haha), things should go fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment