Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A little catch-up

Without boring you with all the details, I will just tell you we had an awesome Christmas.  We were very busy, running here and there, but we made it to all of the places we were supposed to be.  We were blessed to spend time with all of our families, immediate and extended.  We have one last celebration with Mike's mom's family this Sunday. 
We took Kayden to church on Christmas Eve, and left Tyler and Tyson with my parents.  He did really well for the first half hour (before Mass even started), and then he fell asleep ;)  We got to church early, knowing it would be packed, but by the time we got there, the actual church was already full, and we had to sit in the "gathering area".  Sitting out there is fine, it's just not very church-ish. 


It was so fun to watch the boys, especially Kayden opening presents.  He's really starting to "get" the whole Christmas/Santa thing.  He was so excited about all of his presents and loves to show them off.  When people asked what Santa brought, he'd tell them, "You just have to come to my house and see, there's too much to tell you!"  I WILL post pictures eventually, as my camera issues continue. 

Monday I kept the boys home, and Morgan and Amazih came over so that I could take Tyson to the clinic---again---yes, another ear infection.  I decided to take him in, because he had been sleeping worse than ever!  I was really hesitant to take him in, and I couldn't get an appointment with his doctor (or any other doctor for that matter), so I took him to the walk-in clinic, and I am so glad I did.  He's back on ear drops and an anti-biotic.  The doctor that we saw suggested that we wait a few days for the meds to take care of things, and then we need to let him cry at night.  So, we will.  This has been my plan for a long time, but it's really hard to find two or three nights in a row where I can let him cry, especially since he'll wake up Kayden and Tyler.  We'll see how this all works out. 


Yesterday (Tuesday), the boys went to daycare, and Amazih and I had a shopping day.  She had some gift cards to burn, and I had a couple returns to make, we shopped, had lunch, and headed home in time for my dad to pick her up since she had a basketball game. 
At the last minute, I decided that we'd go to her game too.  So, my mom and dad picked up the boys at daycare, then picked me up, and Mike met us at the gym.  Things with all three boys went a little better this time.  I wonder if we'll ever get Tyler to sit semi-still to watch the games???  Dumb question, I know. 

Today (Wednesday), I took the boys to daycare and I am supposed to be crossing things off my ever-expanding "to-do" list.  Instead, I sit here writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment