Monday, December 6, 2010

Traditions

As my boys get older, we are forming a few traditions.  It seems like we add a few things each year.  This weekend consisted of a few.  

*Saturday I had a day of shopping (and bonding) with my mom, Amy, my aunt Ruth, and my two cousins Holli and Tammy.  (Amazih would have joined us, but decided to work at a basketball tournament to make money instead).  We spent the day shopping in the cities.  We first hit up the General Store in Minnetonka, then headed to Eden Prairie Center.  We had lots of fun, laughs, and I actually got LOTS of Christmas shopping done.  I'm VERY close to being done!  Mike was on call (again) this weekend, so the boys spent the day at Grandma Doris' house with Rhonda and Grandma and Grandpa.  

*Sunday the boys and I headed to my mom's to do some Christmas baking.  We met Amy there, and we worked hard and made a HUGE mess!  Kayden loved it. He brought his tractor apron form home and by the time we were done, he was covered in powdered sugar, flour, chocolate, etc. from head to toe!  

*Sunday night St. Nick made a stop at our house while the boys were sleeping.  This was the first time since Kayden was born (I think)---mostly, because I have always forgotten about it. I actually kinda forgot about it this time too, so after they were in bed, I ran to the basement and grabbed a few little things out of the Christmas stash.  Kayden loved that there was a surprise in his shoes this morning, Tyler was just excited that  there was fruit snacks there.  He didn't care where they came from, who put them there, or why the heck they were in his shoes, he just wanted them open, NOW!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment