Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Traditions. Some new. Some old.

As our boys get older, I've started to put a little more thought into our Christmas/holiday traditions. There are some, I have carried over from when I was younger, and there are others that we've started or will start with our boys.  
One of the traditions that has carried over from my youth, is opening one present on Christmas Eve, and it's ALWAYS a pair of brand new jammies!  The boys are too young to realize it yet, but soon enough, they'll see the pattern ;)
Some that we've started more recently, include: 
  • Baking cookies with Grammy (baking cookies, making a mess, whatever you wanna call it)
  • Gingerbread houses.  This is something we did for the first time this year, and it was fairly successful, so I think it might be something we continue.  
  • Decorating our tree.  This year, Kayden and I did most of the tree decorating.  I let him put the ornaments where ever he wanted, and that's where they stayed.  
  • Caramel rolls on Christmas morning ::something I'm going to attempt this year, for the first time::
  • Cutting our own Christmas tree.  We have had an artificial tree up until this year.  
I love that my boys are getting old enough to start some of these fun things.  Hopefully they'll be things they look forward to each year.   

Look here for more holiday traditions:  The Bonjour Family

2 comments:

  1. LOVE family traditions and think they are some of the most important things we can pass down to our kids. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! thanks so much for linking up! have loved reading everyones traditions.

    I am so looking forward to when Noah is old enough to decorate a gingerbread house. Right now all he would do is eat the candy. Hehe

    maybe next year??

    and I love how you don't move the ornaments... im guilty of that.. well esp with my husband. he is always putting them in odd places. ha.

    thanks again for linking up and I Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete