Monday, November 1, 2010

A daddy-less weekend

Mike left Friday morning to go bow-hunting at Fort Ripley.  Friday night Amy and I took the kids and met Mylie and Jessica and Kari and Ben at the "Pumpkin Patch Carnival" at the elementary school in Albany.  They had lots of Halloween-related activities for the kids.  We started with eating, there was toy BINGO, but we decided to skip that (our kids would have never sat still long enough).  Then, we headed to the gym where they had lots of little activities set up.  Everything from art projects to a bounce house to face painting.  The kids had lots of fun and everyone cooperated. 
After we left the school, I took the boys to my parents' to get them into their pajamas and feed Tyson.   We were there just long enough for Tyler to dump out the dog water all over the floor, spread the newspapers all over the living room, and throw the dog's toy about 50 times causing him to bark and go crazy.  
By about 8:00 we were on the road, heading home. Tyler fell asleep on the way home, and I was able to put him right in his crib when we got home.  Kayden had just fallen asleep a few minutes before we pulled in the driveway.  So, I laid him on the couch (where he falls asleep every night) and within just a few minutes he was out.  Tyson, on the other hand was ready to go!  He had taken a short nap between the school and my parents' house and he was now, wide awake.  So, I put him in his bouncy seat and set him in the bathroom while I showered (I knew I wasn't going to have time to shower in the morning since I was on my own).  Even after that it took another bottle and lots of snuggles before he finally fell asleep at about 10:00.  
P.S.  I spoke too soon on the sleeping situation.  He's sleeping has been worse than ever (up 3 times a night).  I'll keep you posted on that.  
Saturday morning, we had breakfast, and the boys played while I did some laundry, and cleaned up a little while we waited for Leah and the girls to come over.  I must have heard at least twenty time, "Mommy, when's Sydney coming????"  Finally at lunchtime the girls were there, and the kids spent the afternoon playing and taking their naps.  
 Later in the afternoon, Amazih and Morgan came over to watch the kids while Leah, Rhonda, Amy and I went out to dinner at Fuji Steakhouse.  
By the time we got back, the kids were in their jammies, and we just had to work on getting them to bed.  All went well, and before 11:00, Leah and I were in bed too.  
It's always fun to have time for the kids to play, with no real agenda.  God knows, they'll get plenty of time together in the next two weekends with deer hunting coming up.  We always spend the first two weekends of deer hunting at Mike's parents house.  All goes well until Sunday afternoon usually.  That's when they are sick of each other, and tired and cranky and fighting.....we'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment