Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years 2011

Warning: if the idea of vomit grosses you out, stop reading now.  You've been warned. 



I wasn't going to blog about this, but the more I thought about it, I realized it's something I want to remember, and since this is my journal/scrapbook for my family, I better write it down.
We had actually planned to spend New Year's Eve at home.  We'd probably be in bed before 10:00, and I was totally cool with that.  Then, my friend Kristy invited us over, and said we should bring the kids too.  So, we decided we'd go over there instead.  I figured we'd still leave before 10:00 because the kids would be cranky, and ready for bed.  To my surprise, they were playing really well, and we ended up staying until 11:45 (terrible mother I am, I know:::who keeps three kids under 4 years old up until 11:45???).  We headed back to my mom's, put the kids to bed, and headed to bed ourselves.  By 1:00, Mike was tapping me on the shoulder.  "Do you have extra pajamas for Tyler?  He threw up."  What???????  Yes, I had extra pajamas for him.  I got the jammies out, and headed into the bedroom to get him up and change him.  OMG!  We needed more than pajamas.  Not only did he throw up, but he rolled in it, layed in it, you get the idea.  And, if you've seen Tyler's curly, long hair, you can about imagine how much was stuck in it.  Yuck!  So, I pulled the poor, tired baby out of bed, and headed for the bathtub.  I woke my mom up to help me find new sheets and bedding for the crib. As I was trying to peel his pajamas off, I was gagging, so I had to go get Mike to take care of that task.  Vomit and I don't do well together.  So, Mike bathed him, my mom and I changed his bedding, and we put him back to bed.  He threw up just the one time---thank God!---and seemed ok on Saturday.  I thought maybe he just ate something bad. The more I thought about it, I realized he hadn't eaten much that day at all, and he usually eats A LOT.  So, maybe the flu.  By Sunday, it was confirmed.  He had been sick.  My mom, dad and brother had Tyler's flu ;)  Thank God, Mike, Kayden and I never got it. I do think Tyson had a baby version of the flu earlier in the week, but I'll spare you the details on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment