Monday, January 31, 2011

Family Weekend

We had our family weekend at Arrowwood Resort this past weekend.  We went with my entire family, and my dad's brother's family.  We had 9 kids 10 years old and under, 8 of which were boys!  The kids had a blast. They went swimming, Kayden went sledding, and decorated cookies, they napped, they ate, the watched movies, they had lots of juice boxes, and in general, had a great weekend.  It was a HUGE help to have my sister, Amazih and her friend Morgan there.  They helped with all of the kids.  I did take pictures (although not as many as I would have liked to), and I'll post them later. 
We all had a great time, and hopefully we'll do something like this again in the future. 

Last night we also went out to dinner at Fuji Steakhouse with some high school friends.  It was so fun to get together since we do that kind of stuff so rarely now that we have kids, and jobs, and in general, such busy lives.  We definitely need to make time for that kind of stuff more often.  

The week ahead doesn't overly busy so far.  Amazih does have three basketball games, but they are all kind of far away, so we'll be there in spirit, while we listen on the radio at home. Wednesday night we plan to go out to dinner with my family for the January/February birthdays.  My mom, my sister and Amy (Eric's girlfriend) all have birthdays within two weeks of each other, so we try to just get together once for all three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment