Sunday, January 9, 2011

He's lucky he's so stinkin' cute!

I tell you.  This little boy is lucky he's so flippin' cute.  He's a good baby, he really is.  BUT--he doesn't sleep, he has ear issues, he's getting teeth, he's learning to crawl, he's exhausting me. 
Rewind to Thursday.  Tyson had his 1-month post-tubes follow up appointment.  First, we were to see the audiologist.  She called us back, took one look in his ears, and said, "I think I better have Dr. Hanson see him before I test his hearing.  His ear is really red (infected), and it doesn't pay for me to test his hearing if he has an infection.".  So, back to the waiting room we go.  We see the doc.  Yep, one ear is infected (not the one that has been infected three times in the past month, mind you), and his tube is blocked.  So, he's put on different ear drops and needs to be seen again in a week and a half. 
Then, Friday.  Mike left after I had all the kids in bed.  He was going fishing for the weekend with his dad and brother.  Tyson didn't sleep.  At all.  WTF????  Morning finally came, and as I was playing with Tyson, I got a quick peak in his mouth and saw the reason we were up all night.  His first tooth!  At least this gives him an excuse for being awake so ridiculously much the night before.  So, Saturday morning, after all three boys were up, we got ready, and headed to my mom's house.  I napped.  I was exhausted. 
Saturday night, I left Tyler and Kayden at my mom's.  Tyson and I headed home.  My plan was to do the "cry it out" thing.  I fed him his bedtime bottle before I left my mom's, so when we got home, I put him right in his crib, and I was in bed by 10:00.  By 11:00 he was awake for the first time.  I let him cry for about half an hour, and he went back to sleep on his own.  At 1:00, I heard him again.  Again, I let him cry for about half an hour, and when he wasn't going back to sleep, I decided I'd get up and check on him.  I found him (and I wish I would have taken a picture of this) with just the top two buttons of his sleeper buttoned, and both of his legs hanging out, and frozen!  He had kicked his feet so much that he kicked right out of his pajamas(by the frozen state of his legs, I assume this happened when he was awake at 11:00)!  So, I got him up, changed his diaper, buttoned him back up, fed him and had him back in his bed by 1:45.  Then, I didn't hear from him again until 7:25.  
Tonight, the big boys will stay at my mom's again, and hopefully, by mid-week, we'll have a baby who sleeps all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment