Monday, January 31, 2011

My Motherly Instinct

Poor little Tyson has just NOT been healthy lately!   A week ago Friday, his ear started draining a lot of yucky stuff.  I let it go, and figured his tube was just doing it's job.  By Thursday, he was pretty congested, and his breathing was sounding really rattly.  Not terrible, but not normal. We were headed to Arrowwood for the weekend, so I talked myself into taking the afternoon off on Friday to take him to the walk-in clinic to have it checked out.  For my own peace of mind, really.  I called the clinic Friday morning and talked to a nurse about his symptoms, and she said I should bring him in.  So, I left work at 11:30, and picked him up at daycare.  We spent the rest of the afternoon at the clinic. Chest x-rays, RSV test, flu test, nebulizer treatment, the list goes on. By the time we left we had a diagnosis of an ear infection :::insert annoyed groan here::: and pneumonia.  We were sent on our way with prescriptions for ear drops, albuterol by way of nebulizer, and augmentin.  I got to the pharmacy and talked them out of making me buy new tubing for the nebulizer we already have, as well as $144.00 ear drops which I still have left over from one of Tyson's other 500 ear infections. 
I had planned to make a quick trip to the clinic, a possibly stop at Target for a prescription, a quick stop at Cobourn's for groceries for the weekend, then home to pack the last minute things for the weekend, then pick up Kayden and Tyler on our way out of town, and  be to the waterpark before supper time.  Things didn't exactly work that way.  Instead I spent the entire afternoon at the clinic, went to Target to hand over my pay check in exchange for some drugs, then ran through the grocery store, and got home in time to hap-hazardly throw a few things in a suitcase for myself, whip up some sloppy joes for the weekend, feed Tyson a bottle, and make our way out the door.  Needless to say, we didn't get to the hotel until about 7:00. 
Back to the subject at hand--Tyson does seem to be feeling better.  That nebulizer really works.  He was up twice last night, but I'm not sure if that was because of his ears, his breathing difficulty, new teeth, or just because we've been gone for a few nights and out of routine. 
Rhonda came over last night to babysit while Mike and I went to dinner with some friends, and she said Tyler sounds like he's getting something.  Maybe bronchitis.  
Really???  
Ugh! 
Pray for me people.

No comments:

Post a Comment