Monday, October 25, 2010

Girl's Weekend

This past weekend was my "Fall Girls' Weekend". Friday morning, I dropped the boys off at daycare then went home and met Amy and my cousin Tammy. By 10:00 a.m. we were on our way! We met the rest of the crew in Maple Grove to see a cheap movie (Eat, Pray, Love). The movie was, eh. But it was fun. We had a few good laughs. After the movie we headed to Champps for drinks and appetizers, and then it was off to Albertville. We spent the late afternoon/evening shopping before we headed to our hotel to order pizza.
Saturday we slept in, had breakfast at the hotel, then headed to "The General Store" in Minnetonka. If you've never been there, you should definitely check it out. It's always a "must-stop" for us around Christmas time. We had lunch there, and then headed to "T-SPA". This is a beauty school. We had appointments for manicures/pedicures. We went this route because we thought it'd be cheaper than going to a fancy nail salon. Let me tell you---this was an experience. We all have our own story to tell about our experience. There is lots to laugh about now, but we most likely will not be going back there again. I'll just say that it's now Monday, and I have already removed the nail polish that was supposed to last 4 to 6 weeks =)
After the nail salon experience, we headed back to the hotel to relax for a bit. By relax, I mean stuff our faces and show off all of our purchases. While we sat around, we decided it might be fun to go to Ikea. A few of the girls had never been there so we freshened up and headed out. We each found a few things at Ikea, nothing spectacular, but it's always fun just to walk around there.
After Ikea we had dinner at Axel's Bonfire. This was another interesting experience. The food was just ok (Holli and I ordered the same thing, and when we got it, it was not what either of us had pictured). One of us (I won't use names) almost threw up on the table after taking a bite of garlic toast that tasted and smelled like dead fish, we watched a blind date happening, and we watched a couple in their 70's seduce each other--when our laughter became uncontrollable and extremely obvious, we decided it was time for us to leave. We headed back to our hotel to relax for the evening before getting ready to head home Sunday morning. All in all, it was a fun, relaxing weekend. Lots of laughs and memories. I can't wait for March when we get to go scrapbooking. Although, I've told my fellow scrappers that they should maybe not even talk to me for the 2 1/2 days we're there because I have A LOT to scrap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment