Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Girl Time

As a family, we lead a very busy life. There is always something going on. It's rare that we have a weekend with nothing planned. Mike has his hobbies: hunting, fishing, his Harley, house projects. We have our hobbies together: volleyball, kickball, four-wheeling. And then, there are the things we do with our kids: pre-school, zoo trips, play dates, camping...
And then there is me. I love doing these things with my family, but my girl time is very important. Once a year I go on a scrapbooking weekend. I go with a group of girls and we scrapbook, we eat, we talk, we sleep, we read magazines, we shop....it's fun, it's relaxing, it's MY time. With that same group of girls, we do a fall weekend where we usually get a hotel, we shop, we eat (are you seeing a pattern here?), we talk, and I sleep for more than 4 hours straight =)
On Monday nights, from September until March, I play volleyball with another group of girls. It's one hour of time away from the house, but that time is amazing. I love it!
There is a group of four of us girls who have been trying to plan a once-a-month dinner out. No kids. No husbands. Just us girls. Do you think we could find a day that works for all of us???? We were supposed to go next Tuesday night. As the day gets closer, I'm realizing that Kayden has pre-school Monday night, I have a long-overdue haircut appointment on Wednesday, Tyson has a doctor appointment and picture appointment on Thursday, and then Friday I leave for my girls weekend. Starting Thursday night, Mike is on-call. So, I've decided to back out. It sucks. I WANT to go, but there is just so much going on. We will make it work (eventually). Who knows if we'll ever get to the point of once-a-month outings, but we'll start with once and see where it goes from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment