Monday, October 25, 2010

Diagnosis: Ear infections

Thursday morning, Tyson had his 6 month check up. I mentioned to the doctor right away that I thought his right ear might be infected. I had been seeing him grab at it etc. When she went in to check his ears, he had lots of wax (all of my boys do). She did say that having a wax problem is genetic---weird. So, she used her little tool to try to dig it out so that she could see enough to tell if he had an infection. Apparently his wax is not gooey and in clumps like most people's, but it's real flakey and hard to "grab". So after a few minutes of her digging around and him screaming, she decided to check his other ear first. She figured if that one was infected, then it didn't matter if the first one was or not, she'd be treating him anyway. So, turns out---ear infection. So, off to Target we went to pick up Tyson's very first anti-biotic(the first of many I'm sure).
I can't remember his "stats" off the top of my head, other than his weight, which was 18 pounds 3 ounces. A healthy(other than ear infections), smiley little boy, meeting all of his milestones (other than sleeping through the night).
After the 10:00 doctor appointment we headed to Target to pick up the prescription and diapers, etc. before his 11:40 picture appointment. Picture appointment right after shots---mistake. Poor thing was exhausted. I had to wake him up for pictures. I got him in his little jeans and white shirt (the standard 6 month picture outfit for my boys). Then he puked all over it. So....I had to put him back in the used-to-be white shirt that he was wearing under his t-shirt earlier in the day, and left him in the slightly damp jeans. There were at least 20 people (15 of them 5 and under) in the JCPenney picture studio waiting area. Kids screaming, whining, running around like they're crazy. Mom's yelling, toys flying. Annoying. It was finally our turn. Tyson didn't cry, but he didn't smile a lot either. This was partially due to the crappy photographer we had. So, we got a few "ok" pictures, I ordered what I needed, and we moved on. I still needed to get to the grocery store, take the groceries home and then head to Albany to pick up Kayden and Tyler from Grammy's house where they spent the morning with Grandpa. (I'm trying to figure out how I can post those pictures, but they changed their website and I haven't figured it out yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment