Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Another health issue...

So, last week, I think it was maybe Wednesday??? My mom called and said my dad was having stomach pains, and some other issues. She asked me to call Rhonda (my RN sister-in-law) and ask her what to do. Since my dad has had some heart issues in the past, there was a little concern. I explained the symptoms to Rhonda, and she said it didn't seem like anything too serious, and gave me instructions to give him (Pepto, etc.). I called my mom back and she said she'd try those things. Well, by midnight, the symptoms weren't getting any better, so off to the ER they went. Turns out he was having a Gallbladder attack. So, they sent him home with some drugs and made an appointment for him to come back in the morning for tests. After the tests, it was determined he'd need surgery to have it removed. This could be a couple weeks, so he was to continue the drugs and hopefully the pain would be manageable until then. By Monday, he couldn't take it anymore. So, back to the doctor they went. They decided they'd do emergency surgery Tuesday morning. I met my mom at the hospital at about 8:00, and we waited. Everything turned out fine (they weren't sure exactly what they would have to do, since he'd had heart surgery just a few months ago.) Everything turned out fine, and by noon, they were on their way home.
It seems like there is always something.....

No comments:

Post a Comment