Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday

I've been thinking about what I will give up for Lent this year.  It's been a while since I've actually given something up for the season.  Mostly because three out of the past four Lenten seasons, I've been pregnant.  
This year, I've been putting thought into it.  I know what I should give up, and I know what I might give up.  But what will I give up?

I should give up pop.  It's bad for me, and I drink a lot of it.  If I want to get rid of this blasted baby weight, I should stop drinking it.  BUT, it's my drug.  It's my "cold coffee". I feel like I need it.  

I might  give up a lot of things.  Maybe eating between meals.  Maybe chocolate.  Maybe chips.  Maybe eating out for lunch.  

Now, I just have to decide what I will give up.  
Are you giving anything up? 

Is it really about giving something up?
Sometimes it's more about what you will do rather than what you won't  do. I know that I will be more patient with my boys.  I will take time to appreciate what others do for my family and I, and thank them.  I will try to slow life down a little, and enjoy the little things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment