Monday, August 1, 2011

Rite of Passage

If a trip to the ER is a rite of passage for all little boys, then Tyson can check that off his list.  
We came home from a weekend at "The Pink House", and were relaxing in the living room. I was googling, "Why are my baby's fingers peeling?" when I heard the modem for my computer come crashing down off the top shelf.  Tyson had pulled on the cord, and it landed right on his head.  Immediately, his forehead started bleeding with a pretty large cut in it.  We used a rag to get the bleeding to stop.  When we could finally get a good look at it, we couldn't decide if it was a cut, or if it was more of a gouge.  I called Mike's sister Rhonda to ask her for a little advice.  She agreed with Mike saying that if it was a gouge, they wouldn't be able to do anything for it. So, we stuck a Buzz Lightyear bandaid on it, and ate supper.  After supper, I took another look at it, and decided it looked like it was split open or cut.  So, we decided that I'd give him a quick bath and then Tyson and I would head to the ER to have it checked out.  
The wait at the hospital wasn't long, we were checked in, and headed to an exam room.  We waited, saw a nurse or two, entertained the other patients in the neighboring rooms, ate some raisins, read some books, and eventually saw a Physician's Assistant.  They numbed the area, and the PA decided he would be able to glue the cut rather than stitch it.  So, while the nurse and I held him down, the doc did his thing, and we were on our way. 
Tyson was in good spirits the entire time.  He fell asleep on the way home, and slept like a baby ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment