Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A new chapter

I had my first "real" day at my new job today.  I'm working at Little Saints Academy.  For now, I'm just learning how things work, and getting used to things, spending most of my time in the infant room.  From the sounds of things, I will eventually take over the toddler room or the preschool room.  It's kind of being left up to me to decide which I'd prefer. I'm torn.  I really feel like I'd like to spend some time in the toddler room.  Change things up a little.  BUT, I think that, professionally, it would be more beneficial for me to teach preschool.  It would probably look better on my resume if I ever want to get back into classroom teaching.  While on the other hand, my own preschooler has been challenging me, and I really don't want to get burnt out at work, and then come home to him.  It's not fair to him.  I'm not real sure what I'll do.  Time will tell.  For now, I'm going to enjoy this new adventure in life, and take things one day at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment