Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An unexpected 1st dentist appointment

It's no surprise that Tyson has been teething.  
I've been blaming his terrible sleeping habits on "teething" since he was about a week old.  
He has his two bottom front teeth, and one top front tooth.  
(Leah, please excuse my lack of dental terminology)
His second top front tooth is coming in, with a little issue.  Last weekend when I looked in his mouth it looked to me, like he has two teeth coming in where there should only be one.  I had my mother in law, sister in law and mom look at it, and they all agreed that something about it was not right. 
I wish I could post a picture so that ya'll can see what I'm talking about, but you try taking a picture of the inside of a 1 year old's mouth.  Im. poss.  i.  ble.
He had his 12 month doctor appointment on Monday, so I pointed it out to the doctor, and she said too, that it doesn't look normal.  Her thought was to just let it (whatever it is) grow further in, and then deal with it.  
 
Well, I went home, and it was really bothering me.  So, I called Dr. Erin's office(she is Kayden's dentist).  When I told the receptionist what was happening, she said right away, that Dr. Erin would want to see him since there is really no way to tell what is happening without an x-ray.  
So, at just 12 months old, Tyson has his first dentist appointment scheduled for next Tuesday. 
Again, pray for us people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment