Sunday, September 12, 2010

3 1/2 going on 12





A yucky snake skin---perfect for scaring Mazih!

Kayden is now 3 1/2 years old. I can't believe he's going to be 4! I am already dreading the day he gets on the bus to go to kindergarten--I just wish he could stay little forever!!!!! He is becoming a little man. He talks and talks and talks. We decided about a month ago to try skipping his naps during the day to see if we'd be able to get him to bed earlier at night. There were many nights that Mike and I had to argue over who was going to stay up with Kayden until he fell asleep. He'd be up until 10:00 or even 10:30! So, skipping naps has really seemed to help. He has been in bed by 9:00 or earlier most nights. It's awesome! I never liked the idea of putting my kids to bed too early because I just don't have much time with them in the evenings, but it has been really nice having all three of them in bed by 9:00.
Kayden is getting ready for hunting season too. He has his own bow (a birthday present from uncle Eric and Amy). He's been practicing, and plans to bring it to "the pink house" (Eric's cabin) when we head up there in about 2 weeks. Before we know it, we'll be buying him the real thing. Although, I'm not sure he could ever be quiet enough to sit in a deer stand.....
Oh yes, and he'll start ECFE (preschool) in October. He is registered for a class one night a week for about 20 weeks. I think he'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment