Monday, September 27, 2010

I can't find my mommy!






We spent the weekend at the "Pink House". All in all, it was a good weekend, although the time went VERY fast! We had an interesting incident Sunday morning:
Tyler and Tyson were awake by 6:30. Since we were in the camper, and Kayden wasn't awake yet, I decided that the two little boys and I would head to my parent's camper so that Kayden could sleep until he was ready to get up. (Mike was gone hunting). So, at about 7:30, we headed to my parent's camper which was about 15 feet away from ours. I took the monitor with me, so that I could hear Kayden when he woke up. He always yells for me when he wakes up because he is on the top bunk and needs help getting down.
So, we were in my mom's camper for about half an hour when someone knocked on the door. It was Amy and she was carrying Kayden! She found him in the cabin, crying because he couldn't find me. I had the monitor on, but apparently it wasn't working. He said he yelled for me, but I didn't come. So, he climbed down from the top bunk (he will demonstrate this for you if you ask him), got his "hunting boots", put one on, but couldn't get the other on. Opened the camper door. Closed the camper door. Walked to the cabin (one boot on, the other in his hand) wearing his pajamas, opened two doors to get into the cabin and walked around until Amy came out of the bedroom and found him walking around crying. She asked him what was wrong and he said, "I can't find my mommy!". I'm pretty sure it took Amy a few minutes to wake herself up enough to figure out what was going on. She carried him back outside, to Grammy's camper and found me there. I'm still in shock as to how he climbed down, got his boot on, opened all those doors and found Amy.
I'll be buying a new monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment