Monday, March 5, 2012

Big Boy Beds

For a long time I was totally against ever moving any of my children to the basement.  My thoughts were that it's just too far away from me, and if there were ever an emergency and I couldn't get to them I would never forgive myself. 
Then.....
Last week, I somehow talked myself into it being ok.  I decided that I could no longer handle having all three boys' stuff crammed into one little bedroom when we have a fairly large, four bedroom home.  We actually have two bedrooms in our basement.  So, I decided that the eventual goal would be to decorate one room and make it Kayden's, and then do the other as Tyler's room, but still have them both sleep in Kayden's room on the bunk beds.  I think it's gonna work.  Last night we worked on cleaning out the first bedroom (Kayden's), and putting the bunk beds together.  We got an extra dresser from my parents, and things are starting to come together.  It will  be kind of a long process.  We are going to need to get a few things, and do some de-cluttering and re-decorating, but I think it will work.  Hopefully having the boys' bedrooms downstairs will make it easier for me to move most of their toys and other stuff down there so that the upstairs can stay a little more under control. 
So.....
Last night was their first night sleeping downstairs and they did awesome!  I put a little lamp kind of thing in their bedroom, and left the stairway light on, and put our old baby monitor in the bedroom.  They both stayed down there all night.  They came up this morning for breakfast, then went right back down to build a fort in their new room!  I really am excited about this big step.  I think it will help keep things more organized and under control.  Mike on the other hand, is struggling with the fact that he is running out of places to store all of his "stuff" since the kids have now taken over most of the house.  Sacrifices I guess =)

No comments:

Post a Comment