Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Necessities

Our house is for sale.  It has been for a looooong time.  If When we sell it, we will build a new one.  I've been keeping a list of the things my new house will have that our current house doesn't have:
1.  Master bathroom.  I HATE having just one full bath.  I want a bathroom where I can leave my underwear on the floor if I want to and not have to worry about everyone and their brother who might stop by and might use our bathroom seeing it.  
2.  Dishwasher.  By dishwasher I mean the machine.  In this house, I have been the dishwasher for far too long.  It wasn't so bad when it was just Mike and I, but along with my apparent extreme fertility comes and extreme amount of dishes.  
3.  Walk-in closets.  At least in the master bedroom.  I don't think this needs much explaination.  
4. Enough bedrooms so that my boys can each have their own if they want.  I have a feeling, that by the time we actually move, Kayden and Tyler may choose to continue sharing a room since that's all they've ever done.  
5.  A pantry.  My kitchen is a disorganized mess.  
Is there any part of your home you could not live without, or that you would definitely change if you could? 

1 comment:

  1. You sound EXACTLY like me. We are planning on building and we want the master bathroom for the same reason you do! And a dishwasher is a necessity. 3 same floor bedrooms, walk-in closet, a pantry or at least TONS of cupboards, and main floor laundry! I hate having the laundry room downstairs and running things up and down all day long.

    ReplyDelete