Monday, June 6, 2011

Now what?

I walked out of St. Mary's School for the last time today as the fourth grade teacher. It was sort of bitter sweet.  
I didn't plan on teaching at St. Mary's forever.  I knew when I was hired, that the position wouldn't last forever.  For a few reasons (mainly financial) I was planning on spending a short time there.  But, I quickly fell in love with my job there.  I got comfortable.  They were good to me.  In the three years I was there I went on maternity leave twice. Never once did my principal complain about it.  
Even though I knew the end of my time there was coming, it was still kind of hard.  Maybe it has become difficult because I don't know what's next.  I am contracted there through August, so I will get paid until then.  I am also working 3ish days a week at Kids Company this summer, so I will be busy.  But, then what?  Will I find a full-time teaching job?  Will I go back to substitute teaching?  Will I go back to working in a childcare center?  Will I find the perfect part-time teaching job?  
At this point, I just have to have faith, and remember that everything happens for a reason.  There is a reason I'm not at St. Mary's anymore. Something will come up.  I may eventually end up back at St. Mary's.  Who knows.  
For now, I will enjoy my summer, continue my job search and say a few prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment