Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ah, heck with it!

So, I've decided, to heck with my stupid camera and the fact that for some reason it won't let me download any of my pictures to my computer.  I have so many posts I've wanted to write, but I feel like they need the pictures that go with the events.  Whatever.  Here is a picture-less 4th of July Weekend post:

The 4th of July happens to be Mike's holiday to be on call this year.  It is kind of a bummer, but I'd rather have him on call for this holiday than Christmas.  So, because it was 90ish degrees all weekend, he worked a lot.  My family was at "the pink house", so it was pretty much the boys and I.  
Friday Amazih came to spend the night with us.  Thank God, because after a day spent splashing in the swimming pool, taking in the sunshine, the weather quickly turned yucky!  
We had just cleaned everything up outside and headed in when the wind picked up and the skies got dark.  Within about 15 minutes, the sirens were going off in town, so we headed with all three kids, and two dogs (we were also dog-sitting for my parents) to the basement.  By the time we finally got to the basement, my cousin Tammy, who lives in town, texted me to say the sirens had stopped.  Whatever.  We stayed down there and played for a while.  Getting down there was a lot of work!

Saturday, we spent the day at home, and Sunday, again, we stayed home, except for a quick trip to Sam's Club after Mike got home from work.  
After Sam's Club, we met my parents in St. Joe for burgers at the parish festival.  The kids went on one little ride, and we headed home.  

Monday was the 4th, and thankfully, Mike didn't work at all during the day.  We headed to Tammy and Shawn's to watch the big 4th of July parade, then home for naps and lunch.  The evening was spent outside, grilling and playing.  No fireworks for us this year.  For one thing, I didn't think I'd be able to keep the kids awake long enough, and for another, I didn't want to drive all the way into St. Cloud and go through all the work of finding a spot, etc. only to have one or two or three of the boys be afraid, and it be a totally wasted trip. Maybe next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment